Ya Ali Madad Friend,
The Ismaili Gnosis team conveys Khushali Mubarak to you and your family on the occasion of Mawlana Hazar Imam’s birthday.
As December 13 is a time when the Jamat reflects upon the occasion of the birth of the Imam of the Time, Ismaili Gnosis would like to offer a selection of readings centered around the topic of Imamat. The first set of readings presents the intellectual and historical validation of the Ismaili Imamat in a step-by-step manner and we recommend reading them in the presented order.
- The Prophet Unveiled: The Spiritual Functions of Muhammad in Early Islam
- Validating Imamat from the Holy Quran: The Qur’anic Basis for the Existence of the Imamat
- What is Shia Islam: A Summary of Different Shia Communities
- The Shia Imamat: A Summary of the Major Schisms in the lineage of Imams
- The Successor of Imam Jafar Sadiq: Seven Proofs for the Succession of Imam Ismail ibn Ja’far and the Ismaili line of Imams
The second set of readings is dedicated to presenting a deeper and more comprehensive perspective on the Imamat, with special focus on the esoteric themes of Imamat — as set out in traditional sources — such as the Light (nur) of Imamat, the history of the Imams during the ages of the Prophets, and the esoteric significance of the unprecedented historical eras of the 48th and 49th Imams. We also recommend reading the below articles in the presented order.
- Light upon Light: The Succession of the Ismaili Imams
- The Eternal Imam: Songs of Krishna and Sermons of ‘Ali
- From Adam to Aga Khan: The Universal Imamat
- Esoteric Apocalypse: Ismaili Concepts of Qiyamah Part 1
- Esoteric Apocalypse: Ismaili Concepts of Qiyamah Part 2
Also, we are currently running a short survey to determine the sort of topics, subjects and issues most relevant to those wishing to learn more about Ismailism. We would be grateful if you could kindly take a minute to fill out the survey as the information will allow us to better focus our future articles to your needs. The survey is completely anonymous.
Please help others benefit from the website by forwarding this email to your friends and family.
ABOUT ISMAILI GNOSIS
Managed by a group of Ismaili scholars with academic training and graduate degrees in religion, philosophy, and Islamic studies, Ismaili Gnosis is a website dedicated to explaining, illustrating and presenting the rational grounding for Ismaili Muslim beliefs, practices, theology and philosophy based on academic and scholarly sources of Ismaili history and thought, including the writings of the Ismaili Imams, historians, philosophers, and poets such as the pirs, hujjahs, and da’is. With articles written for the lay reader, the editorial agenda for the website is driven by the editors’ research and engagement with youth and young adults.