Islamabad – Focus Humanitarian Assistance (FOCUS) has been providing relief to villages in the Chitral District of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province, Pakistan, which have been affected by devastating floods resulting from monsoon rains and glacial outbursts.
Flash flooding and debris flow have washed away over 100 villages while disrupting access to roads and bridges and causing damage to property, crops, livestock, communication infrastructure and drinking water supply systems. Over 700 trained volunteers from FOCUS Pakistan’s Search and Rescue, Disaster Assessment Response and Community Emergency Response Teams were immediately mobilised to respond to the emergency. The teams have distributed food items and non-food items including tents, blankets, tarpaulin sheets, family hygiene kits and water purification tabs to 600 families in Chitral and Gilgit-Baltistan.
Read mor e on Dardistan Times com
Related posts from PBSJ BLOG:
- Flood stricken Chitral needs change of strategy — Islamuddin, Garam Chashma|FOCUS, AKC volunteers and civil societies were first on relief work
- New water project inaugurated — Chitral Today Net|German support to the people of Chitral for having access to clean drinking water
- German donors team visits Chitral to examine different projects — Daily Patriot com | Read all coverage on latest development at border areas
- Water and Sanitation: German govt and AKDN help improve lives in Gilgit Baltistan and Chitral — Pamir Times Net
- Chitral: Government Inaction led the community to reconstruct bridge on self-help basis — Pamir Times Net
- Community mobilisation paying off in Chitral — Dawn com| Also Kalash people were organised