Afghanistan’s largest telecommunication provider, Roshan, received 5 Stevie Awards at the 12th Annual International Business Awards in Toronto Canada.
The Stevie® Awards are the world’s premier business awards. They were created in 2002 to honor and generate public recognition of the achievements and positive contributions of organizations and working professionals worldwide. In short order the Stevie has become one of the world’s most coveted prizes. Each year the Stevie Awards competitions receive more than 10,000 nominations from organizations in over 60 nations.
Receiving the highest honor of Stevie Award, Roshan’s CEO Karim Khoja was named “Executive of the Year” for the telecommunications industry.
Shireen Rahmani, Director of Human Resources at Roshan, also received a Gold Stevie for “Human Resources Executive of the Year,” a category that spanned all industries worldwide. Shireen’s department was honored as “Human Resources Department of the Year” in the Computer Services and Telecommunications division, receiving a Gold Stevie Award.
Roshan also won a Silver Stevie Award for “Company of the Year – Telecommunications” and a Bronze Stevie Award for “Communications or PR Campaign of the Year – Community Relations” for its Roshan Afghan Premier League program.
“I’m exceptionally proud of the work Roshan has done, for the communities we serve in Afghanistan and for our 1,000 employees who are committed to rebuilding the country and making a social impact for Afghans everywhere,” said Khoja. “To be recognized out of more than 3,700 nominations from global organizations is an immense honor for Roshan and for Afghanistan. I believe by leveraging the power of innovative technology and telecommunications, we are creating a better and more-connected Afghanistan.”
Khoja was honored by the International Business Awards for being a true leader and innovator. Upon receiving the Gold Stevie for “Executive of the Year,” the organization praised Khoja for “not only being a great example of [having] a business vision but also [for his] courage and dedication to help the Afghan community.” Upon receiving the award for “Best Private Company,” IBA praised Roshan for persevering and providing growth and access to communications in the face of extreme circumstances in order to make an impact on society.
“She [Shireen Rahmani] has demolished monumental barriers, cultivating a workplace where people work together and are not divided as men and women. Amazing to see that women now represent 17% of company management, a remarkable achievement in male-dominated Afghanistan,” said the judges.
Roshan was also honored for its “Community Relations Campaign” to launch the Roshan Afghan Premier League (RAPL), receiving an accolade from the International Business Awards for being a brave and effective project in unifying Afghanistan’s regions. (…)
Read more on Wadsam com
Related posts on Roshan Telecom on PBSJ Blog:
- Forbes ranks Roshan Telecom high in the 16 Companies Considered ‘Best For The World’ rankings
- “Roshan Secures 3G License for Afghanistan” – Yahoo news on Roshan Telecom which major shareholder is the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development
- Roshan Named Best in Customer Service by Asia Communication Awards – Roshan Telecom News
- Roshan the First Operator to Reach 6 Million Customers in Afghanistan – Finance Yahoo com News on Roshan Telecom
- Telecompaper: Roshan Offers BBC Text News Alerts to Mobile Users – Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A.
- Global Health TV: Aga Khan Development Network and RoshanTelecom’s e-Health / Telemedicine in Afghanistan
- Telecom Asia Award 2011: Roshan Afghanistan won the Best Community Telecom Project M-Paisa (Mobile Money)
- CEO of Roshan Mobile to discuss on mobile tech sector in Afghanistan at Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat — Register to join the live webcast
Roshan: Canada’s Legacy in Afghanistan — Aga Khan Foundation, Canada
- Roshan Signs a Three Year Extension as Title Sponsor of Roshan Afghan Premier League (RAPL) — Khaama com
- Roshan among Top 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 in “Social Good” — Kahaama com Afghanistan
- Afghanistan: Roshan Recognized for “Social Contribution,” “Best Brand Campaign,” and “Achievement in ICT” With Prestigious Awards
- Roshan: The Greatest Untold Story Of Societal Transformation In Afghanistan — By Rahim Kanani on Forbes com
- Afghanistan’s Rising Export Is Not Opium – It’s Telecoms — Defence one com
- Roshan: The Greatest Untold Story Of Societal Transformation In Afghanistan — Forbes com
- Roshan, the First Benefit Corporation in Afghanistan, Brings People and Hope Closer — by Julie Fahnestock on Justmeans com
- Mobile Afghanistan: How a National Telecom Network Delivers Social Goods — Forbes com
- Afghanistan: Roshan Earns “Global Leadership Award” at Fifth Annual TMT Finance Awards — Tech Zone 360 com