Ya Ali Madad Friend,
Ismaili Gnosis wishes you Diamond Jubilee Imamat Day Mubarak. In 1400 years of recorded Ismaili history, only 4 Imams have reached the Diamond Jubilee:
- 37th Imam Mawlana Dhul-Faqar Ali (r. 1574 – 1634)
- 46th Imam Mawlana Hasan Ali Shah Aga Khan I (r. 1817 – 1881)
- 48th Imam Mawlana Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III (r. 1885 – 1957)
- 49th Imam Mawlana Shah Karim al-Husayni Aga Khan IV (r. 1957 – present)
The Diamond Jubilee is not only an event in physical time; it is also a marker of spiritual time – that is the time related to the evolution of the human soul and its reception of spiritual knowledge and inspiration from the eternal realm of the Universal Intellect and Universal Soul. The Diamond Jubilee presents an opportunity for Ismaili Muslims to achieve spiritually and materially what could only be ordinarily accomplished through many decades.
Furthermore, the Diamond Jubilee is an appropriate time for every Ismaili Muslim to re-examine, understand and reflect on the history of the Ismaili Imamat and recognize why they believe in the Ismaili Imam as the Sahib al-Zaman wa al-Asr – the Master of both physical time and spiritual time.
“This unique occasion should be for my spiritual children all over the world a starting point in the heart and conscience of each and every one to further know, understand and obey the history and spiritual doctrines of the Ismaili Faith.”
– Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III, (Diamond Jubilee Message 1946, The Ismaili)
The Ismaili Gnosis website features the following articles to help demonstrate the Proof of Imamat of Mawlana Hazar Imam. We encourage you to read these and share them with others, especially the younger generations of Ismailis who often question the validity of the Ismaili beliefs:
1. Proof of the Existence of God: https://ismailignosis.com/2014/03/27/he-who-is-above-all-else-the-strongest-argument-for-the-existence-of-god/