Pakistan’s Habib Bank sets up branch in Xinjiang| The first foreign bank from a country on the Silk Road Economic Belt to establish a branch in China.

Habib Bank Plaza in Karachi,Pakistan. Photo credit: AKDN Org Xinhua, September 21, 2016: Pakistan’s Habib Bank set up a branch in Urumqi, capital of northwest China’s Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region Wednesday. The branch, unveiled at the ongoing China-Eurasia Expo, makes Habib Bank the first foreign bank from a country on the Silk Road Economic Belt to…

Habib Bank Limited (HBL) acquires Barclays Pakistan — The News com

Karachi: The State Bank of Pakistan approved the Habib Bank Limited (HBL) acquisition of Barclays Bank PLC, a statement said on Monday. (…) On this milestone, Nauman Dar, President and CEO of HBL said, “HBL takes pride in this acquisition and we thank the State Bank of Pakistan, the Barclays Staff and the Customers for…

Habib Bank Ltd in the spotlight — By Ali Raza Mehdi on Dawn Com Pakistan

WITH an asset base of a mammoth Rs1.77trn, Habib Bank Ltd is currently involved, at various stages, in potentially acquiring two financial institutions: a foreign bank’s operations in Pakistan and a microfinance bank. Yet, it is the government’s decision to divest its 41.5pc shareholding (609.3m shares) in the country’s largest bank that has put HBL…

Habib Bank growing steadily in UK – Business Recorder News

LONDON: Habib Bank is making steady strides in the UK through its consumer friendly strategies that has allowed the financial organisation to have turn over of GBP 5.2 million last year. “snip” Habib Bank UK, was incorporated in the UK in 2001.It is a 90.5% owned subsidiary of Habib Bank Limited (HBL). The remaining 9.5%…

Pakistan: HBL donates Rs 10m for Hunza IDPs – Pakistan Observer

Karachi—Habib Bank has donated Rs. 10 million to assist IDPsaffected by the natural disaster in Hunza Valley. These funds are meant to support the residents by restoring a semblance of normalcy in their lives and accelerating the process of rehabilitation. Jhanzeb Mir, Area Manager – Gilgit-Skardu, presented the cheque to Ms. Shama Khalid, Governor Gilgit-Baltistan….

HBL President says bank is expanding in the UK

LONDON, March 9 (APP)- Chairman, Habib Bank,United Kingdom, Mr.Zakir Mahmood is optimistic about the future growth of his organisation despite adverse financial times. In an exclusive interview with APP’s correspondent on the occasion of opening of bank’s new branch at Edgware Road, Central London, here last evening, he spoke of the difficult times for the…